Effective date: Sep 15, 2020
Cardbox, a product of Upsell, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Cardbox", "we" or "us") understands that users of our services ("Service") care about their privacy and how their personal information is used and shared. As such, we at Cardbox have a firm commitment to the privacy and protection of our users.
Cardbox is available at https://getcardbox.com.
Cardbox's use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Our use of data obtained via the Google API Service complies with the following:
- We don't allow humans to read the data, unless
- We first obtain the user's affirmative agreement for specific messages;
- It is necessary for security purposes (such as investigating a bug or abuse);
- It is necessary to comply with applicable law; or
- Our use is limited to internal operations and the data (including derivations) have been aggregated and anonymized.
- We don't use or transfer the data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising;
- We limit our use of data to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent in the Cardbox user interface. All other uses of the data are prohibited; and
- We only transfer the data to others if necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent in the Cardbox user interface. We may also transfer data as necessary to comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets with notice to users. All other transfers or sales of the user data are prohibited;
What data are you requesting, and why?
We collect and use your personal information to provide you with the expected features and functionality of the Service and respond to customer service requests.
If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages and our responses so that we can provide you with better customer service.
Cardbox uses several 3rd-party services to provide functionality, described below.
Trello, an Atlassian product, is available at https://trello.com. With your express permission we collect identifiers related to your Trello account, necessary to access the Trello API service to provide functionality of Cardbox. By using Trello you agree to the Atlassian service agreements available at https://www.atlassian.com/legal/cloud-terms-of-service
Gmail, a Google service, is available at https://gmail.com. With your express permission, we collect identifiers and access tokens related to your Gmail account, necessary to access the Google API Service and provide functionality of Cardbox.
Other than identifiers, which are stored on our service, Google API Service data is retrieved in direct response to a user request and never stored in our application database. We reserve the right to implement temporary, short-term storage of Google API Service responses for improved performance, a technique known as "caching."
You can revoke our access to your Gmail account at any time, via your Google account settings panel. You can view Google's service agreements at https://policies.google.com/
Stripe is the payment processor for the Cardbox service, available at https://stripe.com. We do not store credit card data but do store a reference ID which can be used to charge the payment source you provide to Stripe. You can view Stripe's legal service agreements at https://stripe.com/legal
When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track averaged users' movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user-base as a whole.
We maintain a secure operating environment
The security of your personal information is important to us. Cardbox uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. On those pages where our users can register for our service and/or log-in, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Our application database is encrypted at rest.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our web site, you can email us at email@example.com.